Thursday, August 5, 2010

This little piggy went to market...

Today was a really good day. I didn't sleep very well last night so I slept in a bit late today. Elijah happened to be very tired too so he slept as well! Once we were up and ready we hung out at home for a while until Aunt Dona came to visit. Elijah fell asleep in her arms and he just looked so precious! Elijah's Auntie Manda made chicken alfredo for dinner and it was delicious! After that we got ready for Market night in Redlands. It happens every Thursday and basically it is a bunch of vendors that set up their booths lining one of the main streets in downtown Redlands and people swarm there. There are all sorts of things like food, clothes, jewelry, etc. The main reason we went is because Andrew was working the Chilly Rock Soda Shop booth with the owner Brad, and we wanted to stop by and say hi. I got a Mexicola which was delicious! I had never been to a market night before, but it was so much fun! Elijah loved it because there were so many new things for him to look at and it was noisy, and he loves that! The picture to the left was when we first got there, and I knew right away he was going to be happy the whole time! I will definitely go again!

Yesterday I was very tired so I didn't post, but I went back to work for the first time since Elijah was born! It was only for about an hour. The manager, Yvette, showed me how to frost the cakes. I wasn't the best at it, but I guess it's one of those things that you really have to practice to
perfect. Elijah went with me and he was pretty good, he got a little fussy towards the end because he was tired and he wanted to be out of his car seat, and I can't blame him!

I am getting so excited to see Sarah, Richard, and Alexander when they fly out from England; and Natassia when she drives from Phoenix! I can't wait to have the whole family in the same place all at once again, and now Elijah will be there too!

*Laura May*

No comments: